Do you sometimes dread preparing a blog post? Every now and then, it just seems impossible to tie together the words and sentences into a coherent paragraph. And then there’s the proofreading, and rewriting, etc.
Here’s a quick tip that will help you finish that blog post and encourage people to read and link to your blog: write a short list!
Everyone loves lists. They help organize, summarize, and categorize. Here are a few reasons why lists are a great tool to bring notice – and links! – to your blog.
A list is . . .
- Easy to Scan – It’s fast and easy to read. Lists help convey your message with clarity and ease.
- Readily Condensed – A list will prevent long-winded sentences and keep your message targeted.
- Precise and Neat – Paragraphs can sometimes look tangled and complicated. Lists are visibly engaging.
- Simple to Link – A list provides vital details, and it summarizes your thoughts. That makes it easy for your reader to link to it.
- All-inclusive– You can include a lot of information without overwhelming your reader.
- A List Can Be Very Convincing – It’s easy to state your mission with a compelling list of facts and figures.
- It’s Easy to Write – Breaking up your thoughts into smaller chunks helps you target the essence of your post and makes it easy for your readers to understand.
Use lists as part of your strategy, but don’t overdo it. You’ll often have a subject that needs more substance. Try to strike a balance between the two, and you may find it easier to put your words out into the world.
How do you plan your posts? What’s the strategy you’ve found helpful? Please share in the comments below.